Rani Laxmibai Death Anniversary: Rani Laxmibai is popularly known as “Jhansi Ki Rani.” As we are all aware she was one of the leading Indian warriors in India’s battle of independence which took place in 1875. Rani Laxmibai was born to free her country from Britishers. On Rani Laxmibai Death Anniversary, let’s remember how fearless she was in order to save her country’s land.
Rani Laxmibai is known for her courage, bravery, and intelligence and till now she is honoured by the people. In fact, a lot of citizens and freedom fighters were inspired by her dedication, devotion, and patriotism towards her country.
Rani Laxmibai Death Anniversary: Here are some interesting facts about Jhansi Ki Rani
1. She was born as Manikarnika Tambe on November 1828 in Varanasi
2. Rani got homeschooling and excelled in horse riding, shooting, and fencing.
3. She got married to the ruler of Jhansi – Gangadhar Rao when she was 14 years old.
4. After her marriage, she was named as Laxmibai after the goddess of prosperity and wealth.
5. Rani adopted cousin’s child Anand Rao but called him Damodar Rao as her first child died.
6. Laxmibai fought against Sir Hugh Rose and his troops for two weeks but later got defeated.